There are many ways to ascertain if the Vitalsigns Microsoft service has an issue:
- Check the System Messages on the VitalSigns page for a message that the Microsoft Service could not be started.
- See if the VitalSignsMicrosoft.exe file is in the VitalSigns folder on the VitalSigns server.
- Check the Master_Services_Log for the phrase "Error: Service VitalSignsMicrosoft was not found on computer"
If one or all of these situations have happened, that means that the VitalSignsMicrosoft.exe file has been deleted/moved.
This issue is most likely caused by an antivirus, as we have seen it happen in the past.
A: The VitalSignsMicrosoft.exe file must be returned to its place in the Vitalsigns folder.
Step 1: Run an Upgrade to have the service reinstalled.
- Download the most recent Upgrade file from our Download Site.
- The most recent Upgrade is found under the category "VitalSigns 4.6 - Upgrade (latest version)".
- Run the Upgrade file as normal.
- Confirm that the service file has been returned to the VitalSigns folder.
If the file is back in the folder but the Microsoft service is gone, skip to Step 2.
If the file has not been returned, repeat the 3rd step of Option 1.
If the file is not returned after the second attempt, perform Step 1.5.
Step 1.5: If required, White-list the file with the Antivirus program
- Depending on the Anti-Virus being used, and the internal rules of the company, this may require a request to your tech department.
- Some Anti-Virus programs are more reluctant to release our file from Quarantine than other and require multiple times to release it.
If the file is back in the folder but the Microsoft service is gone, proceed to Step 2.
Otherwise, you are done!
Step 2: If required, Reinstate the file as a Windows Service
To add the file as a service, run this command in an Administrator Command Line Interface:
"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\installutil.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\VitalSignsPlus\VitalSignsMicrosoft.exe"
Rename the newly created Service to its correct name by running this command:
sc config VitalSignsExchange displayname= "VitalSigns for Microsoft"
You are now done!